We’re happy to announce the launch of our technological demo: Clash of Orbs. 🎉 It’a a competitive play-and-earn game in which players fight with each other using cute characters called Orbs.
The game has two modes: practice in which you play a training match with no money involved and competition where you enter a ranked match with prizes in crypto. To play for money, opponents need to purchase entry tickets, and the money collected from the two of them sum up into the prize for the winner. Are you up for the challenge? 🔥
Clash of Orbs: gameplay & rules
The goal of the game is to put your Orbs as close to the center of the map as possible and push your opponent’s characters out of the target.
To do that, select the Orb you'd like to move, click on it and drag the cursor in the desired direction. The further you drag the arrow, the stronger the Orb will move forward. During your turn, you can move all of your Orbs, none of them or anything in between. It's all up to you.
You can earn points by landing your Orbs on the scoring areas worth 10, 25 and 50 points for the bullseye. If your character lands on two areas simultaneously, its center point of your Orb determines which area is scored.
Each game has 3 rounds. If your total score is higher than the one of your opponent, you get a point. Whoever collects 2 points, wins the entire match! The game is skill-based, which means the result of each match depends on you, not items, NFTs or other paid extras. No more pay-to-win!
Clash of Orbs was built using Elympics which means fair matchmaking, no cheating and absolute security. As the technical layer of the game was ready-made, we could focus on designing engaging gameplay, an element that’s often missing in play-to-earn. The strong spirit of competitiveness is the crème de la crème of the game!
How to start playing Clash of Orbs
There are two ways to play Clash of Orbs: for free or with money prizes. For the second option, you'll need some crypto in your wallet, but if you want to check out our game first, start with the free mode. For any mode, you'll need to connect your crypto wallet with the game.
Playing for free
1. The only thing you need to play Clash of Orbs for free is to install the MetaMask browser extension. It usually serves as a crypto wallet, but it also allows you to connect to the blockchain. To download it, go to https://metamask.io/download/ and click Install MetaMask.
2. Follow installation steps.
3. Set your password.
4. Now, MetaMask will show you your secret recovery phrase. Never share your phrase with anyone!
It's the most important step in this process. Your phrase allows you to recover your wallet and crypto if you ever lose your password, so write it down and keep it in a safe place. Never share it with anyone!
5. To finish the installation process, repeat your recovery phrase.
6. Go to https://clashoforbs.com/, click Connect and allow the site to switch the network to the Polygon (Matic) Mainnet (if not already selected).
7. To play Clash of Orbs for free, click Play in the Online Practice section. Once we find a worthy opponent for you, you'll start your online practice. Enjoy!
Playing for money
There are many cryptocurrency exchanges on the market, but not all of them may be available in your region. We recommend you to search for the most reputable ones that operate in your country of residence.
Once you have these tokens in your MetaMask wallet, follow steps 6-7 from the free mode instruction. Later on:
- click Challenge a Friend to create a shareable link for your friend,
- or Online Match if you want us to choose an opponent for you. Don't worry about your skills: our matchmaking system will make sure you're on a similar level